With $55,000 at your disposal you can purchase a brand-new SUV and also a major kitchen remodel. An average kitchen remodel can cost up to $22,000. Yes, that’s how much expensive kitchen remodeling can get. Do the numbers almost make you faint? You don’t have to give up your desire to transform your kitchen space. There are ways to cut down on the cost.
Tips to remodel your kitchen within a budget:
Get the help of professional remodelers, who have extensive experience in remodeling kitchen. If you are looking for reliable renovators offering kitchen renovation North York, get in touch with Cedar Hill Contracting. They offer top-notch renovating services and are the go-to choice for many home-owners in North York.
Their experienced team have carried out many projects and makes sure the requirements of clients are met. They’ll start the renovation work with a clear plan in mind after consulting you and be upfront about pricing. You don’t have to worry about unexpected expenses popping up midway.
How to choose material?
Try to retain the stuff that is in good condition. Sometimes a fresh coat of paint is enough to brighten up a dingy wall or counter. Make changes only if it absolutely necessary.
- Take your time to shop: If you find something too tempting, spend extra time in checking if the same stuff is available at a cheaper price elsewhere. You could find something even more appealing and cheaper in a different store.
- Consider purchasing second-hand items: There are shops and sites that offer high-quality second-hand kitchen remodelling stuff at great deals.
- Use a combination of materials: Certain materials look classier, but are costly. You could limit using those materials to accent a particular space and choose other material for remaining space.
How to save on specific items?
Cabinets: Cabinets occupy a huge chunk of your renovation budget – about 40%. If they are in good condition, you can opt for changing its finish, reface them or replace old hardware (like knobs and drawer pull). If you want to purchase new ones, you can choose from budget-friendly options.
Counters: The popular materials include laminate, solid surface, butcher block, granite, quartz and other natural stones. Laminate costs about $5 to $15 per square feet while others cost up to $60 or $75 per square feet. Either use laminate material, or cheap granite tiles or mix up the materials.
How to save on appliances?
- Retain the ones which are in good condition: Replace only the appliances that are showing signs of wear and tear.
- Go through the ‘scratch and dent’ section: Many stores sell products that have dents at half the price. The dents are hardly visible in certain products. Try your luck and see if you can find one.
- Buy energy-efficient appliances: Energy-efficient appliances help in saving more bucks in the long-run.
Instead of new flooring you can try giving the old one a thorough clean-up. If you don’t find the results satisfying, consider using peel-and-stick tile ore repaint the floor.
Kitchen remodelling adds value to your home. It is possible to recoup 80 to 90% of the money spent on remodelling kitchen when selling your home. With smart choices you can easily reduce renovation costs and reap huge returns when selling your house