CBD products are now super popular among health enthusiasts and even spread its reach to the beauty industry. It’s nothing surprising considering the fact that CBD has shown many wonderful therapeutic and health effects on people. Not only anecdotal evidences, but few clinical studies have brought out the results that indicate that CBD has properties, which are really helpful in reducing or relieving symptoms of some diseases like seizure and pain.
A Brief Introduction To CBD
Those who are new to CBD must be wondering how to get started. They’ll seek information on CBD oil vs hemp oil and other related topics. Cannabidiol or CBD is a type of cannabinoid found in the cannabis plants along with other 113 identified cannabinoids. Don’t misunderstand CBD as a psychoactive substance, which is solely responsible for the act of getting ‘high’ when you ingest or smoke cannabis. The main culprit is THC or tetrahydrocannabinol.
The legitimate CBD products in the market use industrial hemp to extract CBD as they are abundant in hemp plant and moreover, they contain less than 0.3% of THC. So, it is safe to use without worrying about any adverse effect. These photocannabinoids affect the functioning of the endocannabonoid system (ECS) of our body. The ECS has a primary role of maintaining body’s homeostasis and various bodily functions.
There might be many new brand names in the market that sell CBD products, but it is not easy to spot a genuine manufacturer and supplier like JustCBD store. There are some awesome holiday CBD gummies with new flavors and obviously there is no compromise on the quality with third party quality assurance. This company is based in the U.S. and can provide free shipping to any place of the U.S. continent on orders above $20.
What Is Sturge-Weber Syndrome?
This is a very rare disease which may have the following symptoms –
- Existence of port-wine birth mark on face.
- Neurological problems
- Skin abnormalities
You can say that all this is a congenital malformation or mutation in the gene. You should remember that every individual is different and so are the manifestation of number of symptoms and its severity.
Advantages of Using CBD
- Seizures – This is another symptom of Sturge-Weber Syndrome (SWS). It results in frequent seizures and lead to status epilepticus – a condition which lasts for more than 30 minutes. CBD has anti-seizure property and are officially used for treating child epilepsy.
- Pain – CBD inhibits the pain sensation receptors of ECS and helps you to feel relieved from headaches and body pains. The analgesic property of CBD helps you to get relief from migraine-like headaches in SWS.
- Glaucoma – The vascular abnormalities can put pressure in the eyes. At least 30 to 70% of SWS patient suffer from glaucoma. CBD can slow down the fluid pressure in the vascular regions of the eyes.
- Muscle function – SWS also affect your brain and motor function coordination and with refractory seizures you can even suffer from muscle paralysis.
- Neuroprotection – As the disease progresses it deals a heavy blow and there is loss of neurons. CBD slows the progressive neurodegeneration.
When buying CBD products make sure you read the content of the label carefully. CBD often inhibits a liver enzyme which can affect the absorption of other medicines. Consult the doctor about the dosage.